Unreal Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- A Legend Never Dies -

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» NEW WEBSITE & FORUMS
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:19 pm by zepidus

» T:FoC Demo Level Cap Raised
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:47 pm by zepidus

» Running this demo: FoC
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:33 pm by zepidus

» Happy Bday Pope!
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:11 am by zepidus

» Zep vs cocopuffs lol
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:49 pm by zepidus

» Happy Birthday Nem!
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:55 am by nem82

» MLG First impressions looking good
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:01 am by zepidus

» Vote for a Transformers: FoC ladder
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:20 pm by zepidus

» Another Unreal Legends clan?
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:44 pm by zepidus

» Our old forums - Been a Grip
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 am by zepidus

» TFoC potential roster
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 am by zepidus

» Which game?
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 am by zepidus

» First Thoughts: TFOC
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:23 am by zepidus

» Back problems after carrying kids.
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:19 am by zepidus

» Transformers: FoC Demo 360
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:22 am by zepidus

Poll
Which game do you want most?
Transformers: FoC
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) I_vote_lcap100%Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
Dead or Alive 5
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) I_vote_lcap0%Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
CoD: BlackOps II
Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) I_vote_lcap0%Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Halo 4
 0% [ 0 ]
Crysis 3
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3
Clan Leaders
Clan Members

Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sincreator
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Sincreator

Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) Empty
PostSubject: Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3)   Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 10:59 am

I will be buying one of these controllers for GOW3, mainly because the D-pad is individual buttons so less mistakes in changing weapons in the heat of battle. I needed a new wired controller anyways and they cost the same as a standard M$ 360 controller, so why not. BTW these controllers only work with the newer headsets with just the single connector jack, similar to a normal pair of earphones. The original headsets had a plug that used all 3 holes on the mic input jack on a standard M$ controller. If you haven't heard of the company Razor before then I will tell you that they are pretty highly respected to the competitive gaming community on the PC, and they are just now starting to move into the console market for their products.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=onza
Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3)   Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:20 am

looks pretty slick i especially like the extra bumpers up there, one of those mapped to the roll and one mapped to the zoom would make for some pretty seemless gameplay, where your thumb would stay on the joystick more. I might end up picking one up
Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3)   Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:25 am

check this out man one of the better mlg players in gears is totally repping that controller in this gears video, he also talks about a new controller coming out from mad catz that's officially liscensed by mlg - he's also talking about slow turn man i've noticed this problem before but never knew what was going on, you'll have to google it it's a huge problem with the majority of official microsoft controllers

SLOW TURN:
check out the link that talks more about the slow turn
http://insomniacgamerz.net/forums/xbox-360-general-discussion/5082-xbox-360-slow-turn-controllers-annoying.html

here's a slow turn video

Here's a video where they explain that the Razer controller has been slow turn tested.

Totally just figured out this Arctic guy doing the first and last videos i posted on this page is the same dude i played Unreal Championship 1 with back in the day he was in the V clan which changed to Vbi, crazy this guy is now a commentator for MLG and part of one of the best clans out there. Me and a couple buddies had a UC1 clan that faced them and we won back in the day, pretty cool to know that we beat such a known dude now. My shock rifle really was L337 lol
Back to top Go down
g1 smokescreen
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3)   Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Sincreator wrote:
I will be buying one of these controllers for GOW3, mainly because the D-pad is individual buttons so less mistakes in changing weapons in the heat of battle. I needed a new wired controller anyways and they cost the same as a standard M$ 360 controller, so why not. BTW these controllers only work with the newer headsets with just the single connector jack, similar to a normal pair of earphones. The original headsets had a plug that used all 3 holes on the mic input jack on a standard M$ controller. If you haven't heard of the company Razor before then I will tell you that they are pretty highly respected to the competitive gaming community on the PC, and they are just now starting to move into the console market for their products.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=onza

Well... *it was* a cool controller while it lasted... I think my left analog stick has gone out of whack for good... How long did that thing work? 2 months maybe?

Now I'm back to a brand new regular microsoft one (the easiest I could find in a hurry last night) and I'm not really a happy camper.

I guess I got used (aka addicted) to the Onza.

It was light as F***, the mechanical buttons were a joy to use etc... but the analog sticks always felt *flimsy* at best...

Now back to the ms controller... first games I played last night I screwed up BIG TIMES with the d-pad (kept switching to either snub pistol, or smoke grenade while looking for gnasher).

The spongy feeling of the (seemingly) unresponsive membrane based buttons really annoy the hell out of me now. I always get the feeling that I've got to mash these things to get any feedback; one of these days they are going to stay stuck (like on previous ms controller).

Keep in mind that I try to be as gentle as possible with that new ms controller but it seems to want to be *abused* to be responsive....

-teammate cries "revive me"!
-rapidly tap the button... nothing happens
-"REVIVE ME!!!"
-now rapidly MASH the button and what do you know?! ...I picked up a lancer instead... doh!

On the other hand, the ms controller's analog sticks feel WAY MORE industrial and reliable than the ones on the Onza... funny thing too, I find it much more easier to get good *bursts* (hammerburst, snub pistol) with the ms controller's right trigger than I did with the Onza...
Back to top Go down
Sincreator
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Sincreator

PostSubject: Re: Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3)   Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:45 am

http://www.razerzone.com/warranty#question5 The warranty says 1 year for Razer Gaming Console Peripherals. I would send it back for a replacement.

I wonder if the regular Onza, not the tournament one would have that issue too. I hope not because that was the one I was planning to get.
Back to top Go down
g1 smokescreen
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3)   Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Sincreator wrote:
I wonder if the regular Onza, not the tournament one would have that issue too. I hope not because that was the one I was planning to get.
Good question. If you google "broken onza controller", you'll find shitloads of too similar cases. It seems that most issues reported are by people using the tournament edition controller too.

I sure would like to get my hands on another Onza.

On the other hand, I'll never go back to the current crop of flimsy tournament edition controllers; I'll give a try to the plain regular one and hope for the best...

I have a funny feeling that I f***ed up the calibration on the sticks just by playing too much with the adjustable tension thingies...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3)   Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3) Empty

Back to top Go down

Razor Onza gaming controllers(perfect for GOW3)
Page 1 of 1