Unreal Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- A Legend Never Dies -

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» NEW WEBSITE & FORUMS
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:19 pm by zepidus

» T:FoC Demo Level Cap Raised
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:47 pm by zepidus

» Running this demo: FoC
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:33 pm by zepidus

» Happy Bday Pope!
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:11 am by zepidus

» Zep vs cocopuffs lol
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:49 pm by zepidus

» Happy Birthday Nem!
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:55 am by nem82

» MLG First impressions looking good
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:01 am by zepidus

» Vote for a Transformers: FoC ladder
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:20 pm by zepidus

» Another Unreal Legends clan?
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:44 pm by zepidus

» Our old forums - Been a Grip
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 am by zepidus

» TFoC potential roster
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 am by zepidus

» Which game?
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 am by zepidus

» First Thoughts: TFOC
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:23 am by zepidus

» Back problems after carrying kids.
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:19 am by zepidus

» Transformers: FoC Demo 360
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:22 am by zepidus

Poll
Which game do you want most?
Transformers: FoC
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's I_vote_lcap100%Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
Dead or Alive 5
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's I_vote_lcap0%Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
CoD: BlackOps II
Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's I_vote_lcap0%Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Halo 4
 0% [ 0 ]
Crysis 3
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3
Clan Leaders
Clan Members

Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's Empty
PostSubject: Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's   Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 am

I've taken this from techspot, I thought it was pretty interesting. They talk about Rogers (based out of Canada) being the worst offender worldwide. Thought you'd find that interesting sin since you said they did throttle torrents.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in 2009 Google and a group of partners formed the Measurement Lab, an open project of distributed servers meant to help researchers gauge just how well an internet connection is working and help customers determine if their ISP is blocking or throttling particular applications. Though we haven't heard from them in a while, this week the group has posted an interesting data set that highlights the evolution of ISP throttling in a number of countries.

The study in question includes BitTorrent throttling percentages of ISPs in dozens of countries spanning the two-year period between April 2008 and May 2010. TorrentFreak reported on the findings and noted how Comcast, who was throttling nearly half of all P2P traffic a few years ago, last year only throttled around 3% of such connections running on their network. The company implemented a more intelligent network management system by the end of 2008 after they were found using dubious tactics to halt P2P traffic, violating FCC rules for reasonable network management.

Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's 2011-10-21-image-2

Cox also went from 51% to 3% in the same time period, while Clearwire remained the only U.S. Internet provider that limited more than 10% of all BitTorrent traffic up until the fist quarter of 2010, slowing 17% of all torrent transfers.

Canada's Rogers was the worst offender worldwide, throttling 78% of BitTorrent connections at the end of the study. On the other side of the pond, Tiscali and BT Group were found to throttle 27% of BitTorrent connections in the U.K, Germany's Kabel slowed 36% of traffic, while Bouygues Telecom was the least torrent friendly in France at just 8%.

Check out the full dataset as well as some interactive graphs here. The Measurement Lab promised to release more recent data in the future, so users can make an informed decision when shopping between ISPs.

Back to top Go down

Most/Least Bittorrent friendly isp's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unreal Legends :: General :: Hardware & Technology-
Jump to: