Unreal Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- A Legend Never Dies -

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» NEW WEBSITE & FORUMS
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:19 pm by zepidus

» T:FoC Demo Level Cap Raised
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:47 pm by zepidus

» Running this demo: FoC
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:33 pm by zepidus

» Happy Bday Pope!
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:11 am by zepidus

» Zep vs cocopuffs lol
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:49 pm by zepidus

» Happy Birthday Nem!
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:55 am by nem82

» MLG First impressions looking good
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:01 am by zepidus

» Vote for a Transformers: FoC ladder
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:20 pm by zepidus

» Another Unreal Legends clan?
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:44 pm by zepidus

» Our old forums - Been a Grip
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 am by zepidus

» TFoC potential roster
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 am by zepidus

» Which game?
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 am by zepidus

» First Thoughts: TFOC
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:23 am by zepidus

» Back problems after carrying kids.
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:19 am by zepidus

» Transformers: FoC Demo 360
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:22 am by zepidus

Poll
Which game do you want most?
Transformers: FoC
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. I_vote_lcap100%Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
Dead or Alive 5
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. I_vote_lcap0%Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
CoD: BlackOps II
Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. I_vote_lcap0%Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Halo 4
 0% [ 0 ]
Crysis 3
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3
Clan Leaders
Clan Members

Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nem82
Clan Member
Clan Member
nem82

Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. Empty
PostSubject: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:54 am

Hey guys just got a notice on DA telling me about this Contest involving Deviant Art,Microsoft,and Epic Games.The contest is looking really awesome,all you have to do is create your own digital fan art wallpaper for a chance to win some really awesome prizes such as-$10,000,$5,000,Gears3 Console,Gears3 Game,etc etc...There will be a total of 100 winners in this contest,even the last 97 will get $200 Gears3 game copy,and i month premium membership.Well Zep i think me and you could have a shot of being one of the 97 lol.I am going to start working on mine,you and anyone else interested in gfx should sign up on Deviant Art(it's free) and enter into the contest.Here is the link on DA with all the official rules and to download the assets pack which contains material you can use to create your wallpaper design.
Link- http://news.deviantart.com/article/160584/
Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:01 am

awesome man, yea i'm signed up on deviant art under my zepidus name, heck yea tho thats alot of prizes, if i get some extra time i'll definately make something, yea chances aren't bad that we might be able to score something that'd be cool. Thanks for the heads up bro
Back to top Go down
nem82
Clan Member
Clan Member
nem82

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am

Yea no problem man,lol alot of the entries i have seen so far kinda suck ass.I am gonna take my time and try and make 2 of them since there is no limit on the amount of entries you have,plus we still have 19 days left to get creative.

Edit-I think i am going to go for like a mechanical theme,sorta turn the characters into half human half mechs or something like that,then put a lil bit of my signature style into it with all the flares,fractals,and c4d.
Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:57 am

yea that sounds like it'd be pretty tight bro, you'll have to keep me updated on how yours is going, i'm at work so im downloading photoshop on the pc here and going to start getting me some stock and resources to use here when i have a bit of extra time and ill get started on mine. but yea man i'd like to see what kind of ideas you're getting for it if you have any time post some of your progression i'd like to take a look - still don't know how i want to do mine
Back to top Go down
nem82
Clan Member
Clan Member
nem82

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Yea i will post up some progress samples when it starts to shape up.Also they don't forget to download that assests pack they have for everyone.So what do you do at work bro?
Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Cool, Yea i got the assests pack, is it mandatory that we use something in that pack? just wondering. I work the IT Department for a government funded agency, I get to play with computers and maintain servers, it's a pretty sweet job
Back to top Go down
nem82
Clan Member
Clan Member
nem82

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Damn that does sound pretty nice.As far as the assets pack goes i have been reading post left and right on that site and i am just not really sure.I have seen alot of work that was submitted without it though.So i think either way it's ok man.
Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:11 pm

cool because the crap they gave us to work with sucks lol
Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:30 pm

omg its been so long since i've done any photoshoping lol, i made something while i was messing around in it for a bit, don't know what to do with the background but at least i have a start

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/585/zeppracticeone.jpg/

Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. Zeppracticeone
Back to top Go down
nem82
Clan Member
Clan Member
nem82

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Yo zep you gotta take your name off of that,the rules say we are not allowed to do that lol.Here is the rules just so you know what not to do so your work don't get removed.

Entry must be received by 11:59:59PM (PT) on September 28, 2011 and be submitted through the contest gallery on deviantART.
Entrant must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States;
Entries must feature at least one Gears of War character;
Entries must be submitted as a JPG or PNG file in landscape format with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and with a minimum pixel size of (2560 x 1440) pixels at 72 dpi;
Entries may not include the name or logo of Gears of War;
Entries may use as a basis for the entry tracings or other imagery from the Gears of War asset pack;
Entries may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (such as any signatures or symbols representing the artist);

You may submit more than one entry;
You must be a member of deviantART to enter. Membership is free; and
Other requirements and restrictions apply, please read the Official Rules carefully.

Official Rules

100 Semi-Finalists will be selected by full-time deviantART Staff.

From the Semi-Finalists, the final three winners will be selected by a member(s) of Epic Game's creative team!

All entries will be judged on the following criteria:

Visual Impact and Clarity
Success in Communicating the Subject Matter of the Challenge
Ability to be Adapted for use as a Wallpaper
Technical Skill

Microsoft will own the first place winning entry.
Submit Your Work
Browse Entires Official Rules
Rated M
Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Cool, Haha yea I was just watermarking it till I got the end result submitted
Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:19 pm

And the one from the other day.

http://zepidus.deviantart.com/#/d49msm2

Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. Brothers_and_sisters_at_arms_by_zepidus-d49msm2
Back to top Go down
nem82
Clan Member
Clan Member
nem82

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:52 pm

Those both look really nice bro.I really like the one with marcus and his mom looks boss man.I am still working on mine lol it's taking me forever.
Back to top Go down
zepidus
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
zepidus

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:51 pm

thanks man, yea i know what you mean tho some things take forever when you have the right idea in mind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.   Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest. Empty

Back to top Go down

Deviant Art/Gears of War 3 Art Contest.
Page 1 of 1